What is Saffron Edifice?
Saffron Edifice is an free and open operating environment for your computer.
You can read more about the Edifice here.
December 1, 2017
- The window design tool of Workshop is basically functional, including layout and sizing guides, and saving and loading from disk.
November 29, 2017
- ZenKit is developing well: most widgets are operational, although some interface glue remains to be implemented on many. Windows and menus are basically operational.
- Development of Workshop (the SmallTalk IDE) has begun, with significant early progress on the window layout design tool.
November 15, 2017
- Sevm is now almost 'complete' and includes a rudimentary source debugger, a source loader, compiler, disassembler, working virtual machine, garbage collector and essential primitives (comparison, arithmetic, etc.). Sevm is not showing any major problems under valgrind, which is pleasing!
- I am currently investigating the possibility of using Minix or a fork as the kernel for the full distribution. It seems quite small.
November 12, 2017
- This website goes live!
November 11, 2017
- Development environment and virtual machine pass first major milestone, including analysis with valgrind
October 22, 2017
- Formal project inception, development begins
September 1, 2016
- Planning work for desktop user experience
August 22, 2016
- Analysis of stock Debian-distribution packages to get an idea of what a typical Linux distribution includes